Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chuck Me Mondays reminder - August 9, 2009

Tomorrow, we will be using both #chuckmemondays and chuck me mondays (with spaces) in our Twitter tweets.

Your tweets should look something like:

I love Sarah Walker! #chuckmemondays chuck me mondays

Some have asked why we don't just drop the hashtag (the thing starting with the # symbol) all together. We probably will but first I want to be able to measure how well the word has spread by counting both #chuckmemondays and chuck me mondays tweets. I expect that some people will not get the message and so I want to know how easily we can change strategies (in case our best solution is to change our hashtags or terms each week).

So, let's spread the word to as many people as possible so everyone is on the same page. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. I spread the word, you moved the blog. my brother came to check it out and got a 404. not good when you are at a massive SciFi Con, with many human prospects but little internet time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I get your reasoning...but all I can think is, "This is so going to limit what I can say!" I am not known for my brevity. Using both the phrase and the hashtag will limit me to 108 characters. I don't know if I can do it! ;-)

    I guess if I need to I can always stretch a thought out to two twitters...twice as many for trending that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Pamela. I decided to move it now before it was too late. I would have regretted not doing it.

    Bethany, I understand what you are saying but it is for this week only. I just need to see how well people adjust beyond their habits of doing it the old way. Read the new blog for what I see down the line. :)

    ReplyDelete

No flaming, baiting, trolling, expletives, or racism allowed. And NO DISCUSSIONS of the actor's personal lives ever.