Monday, August 10, 2009

ChuckTV.Net strategy issue

ChuckTV.Net has been a very helpful hub for Chuck Me Mondays and I have appreciated all they have done, but they should not be setting ANY strategy without first talking to the people who have been doing it for 2 months now. This is the strangest move by ChuckTV. No one from the site has said one word to me. Whereas I have been blogging about it since last week.

I even included a version of this idea in the blog. We are trying to figure things out and posting contradicting strategy is helpful to no one. Mel and I have never discussed strategy and I see no reason why she should begin to attempt to control it now without first contacting the campaign creator/manager first.

Edit: Apparently ChuckTV is removing their suggestion. Move along.

3 comments:

  1. DR, we reset the strategy for this week since it was proving too confusing. We think we should try a different tag next week, though. Sorry if it hurt your feelings for HQ to try something without contacting you; we're just trying to figure out the best way around whatever is preventing trending. I honestly think the #chuckmemondays tag has been banned by Twitter thanks to several people being thrown in Twitter jail around weeks 4 & 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not about hurt feelings, it is about me spending a lot of time researching this and setting strategy based on that research. I even mentioned the strategy you detailed and am in favor of it. But we need to give people time to adjust to it. We cannot introduce new strategy 12 hours before primetime. We just don't have enough people currently participating on this for it to work.

    I don't believe the #chuckmemondays tag has been banned but we can find out tonight if that is accurate by using chuck me mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.

    ChuckTV is a promotional partner in the effort and not HQ.

    ReplyDelete

No flaming, baiting, trolling, expletives, or racism allowed. And NO DISCUSSIONS of the actor's personal lives ever.