WATCH CHUCK LIVE (IMPORTANT: do not change channels during commercials)
If you must DVR an episode, be sure to watch the episode prior to 3AM that day and DO NOT skip any commercials. You must watch your DVR recording as if it were live. You can actually watch the recording within 3-days and have it count but for it to be counted in overnight ratings, watch it prior to 3AM.
Watching LIVE is most important, so let me detail for you how to get the maximum result from that while using your Nielsen meter.
You should have a button for each member in your house as well as buttons for guests.
- Push EVERY BUTTON when they flash.
- Make sure to report ages of any guest watching between 18-49 years (18-34 is even better).
- If you don't have a button but wear a passive meter then just adhere to the next point
- DO NOT change channels during commercials!
- I cannot stress this enough. Your ratings will not count if you do.
Have more TVs? You can have Nielsen add boxes to those and push your buttons like crazy. Some people don't like to add boxes to TVs because Nielsen physically opens your devices to apply these meters to them, but if you want CHUCK to live on, I highly recommend doing it.
By the way, the most common Nielsen Family viewing recording tool is a diary. You write down what you watched and send it in to Nielsen. Make sure everyone in your household sends in that they watched CHUCK live and that you had lots of people there with you when you watched (full room... you hold parties every Monday). While this won't be counted in the overnights, it will help CHUCK in the long run.
WHAT IS NIELSEN?